NEWS & PRESS
- SDNY Judge Lewis Liman grants Elman Freiberg’s national law-firm client post-discovery summary judgment dismissing $8-million malpractice claim brought in connection with formation of joint venture with electric-vehicle manufacturer. Reported in Law360 on March 18, 2021.
- Elman Freiberg obtains complete dismissal of plaintiff’s $100-million-plus malpractice claim against the Firm’s AmLaw 200 client in connection with a failed $1.3-billion merger. Reported in New York Law Journal on March 5, 2021.
- In a groundbreaking decision, Elman Freiberg convinces Second Circuit to unanimously vacate the district court’s earlier decision denying the Firm’s motion on behalf of its publicly traded technology client to impose “inherent powers of the court” sanctions on the plaintiff. Reported in the New York Law Journal on March 17, 2021.
- Jay Freiberg quoted in Law 360 regarding lawsuit that Elman Freiberg filed seeking over $300,000,000 against trustees for breach of fiduciary duty. Reported in Law360.com on April 28, 2020.
- Elman Freiberg represents widow in multi-jurisdiction estate dispute with decedent’s children from a prior marriage. Reported in New York Post 10/5/2019
- Elman Freiberg obtains unanimous reversal from Appellate Division overturning lower court order, resulting in complete dismissal of $7.5 million malpractice counterclaim asserted against global law firm. Reported in New York Law Journal 4/8/2019.
- Read Jay Freiberg’s latest article for the New York State Bar Association titled “What Do I Say When a Client Asks Me to Serve as a Trustee?”
- Jay Freiberg quoted in The Real Deal regarding lawsuit that Elman Freiberg filed seeking $50,000,000 for breach of fiduciary duty against well-known real estate developer.
- While representing Viacom founder, Sumner Redstone, in a dispute regarding the ownership of a co-operative apartment at the Carlyle Hotel, Howard Elman defeats a motion to compel a mental exam. (Howard ultimately obtained total victory for Mr. Redstone in the dispute.) Reported in the New York Post on 8/10/2017.