NEWS & PRESS
- Jay Freiberg quoted in Law 360 regarding lawsuit that Elman Freiberg filed seeking over $300,000,000 against trustees for breach of fiduciary duty. Reported in Law360.com on April 28, 2020.
- Elman Freiberg represents widow in multi-jurisdiction estate dispute with decedent’s children from a prior marriage. Reported in New York Post 10/5/2019
- Elman Freiberg obtains unanimous reversal from Appellate Division overturning lower court order, resulting in complete dismissal of $7.5 million malpractice counterclaim asserted against global law firm. Reported in New York Law Journal 4/8/2019.
- Read Jay Freiberg’s latest article for the New York State Bar Association titled “What Do I Say When a Client Asks Me to Serve as a Trustee?”
- Jay Freiberg quoted in The Real Deal regarding lawsuit that Elman Freiberg filed seeking $50,000,000 for breach of fiduciary duty against well-known real estate developer.
- Howard Elman quoted in article reporting on malpractice risk associated with substance abuse and mental health issues. Reported in New York Law Journal 11/28/2018.
- While representing Viacom founder, Sumner Redstone, in a dispute regarding the ownership of a co-operative apartment at the Carlyle Hotel, Howard Elman defeats a motion to compel a mental exam. (Howard ultimately obtained total victory for Mr. Redstone in the dispute.) Reported in the New York Post on 8/10/2017.
- Howard Elman and his co-counsel obtain judgment in the Southern District of New York dismissing a $625 million RICO claim alleged against their Am Law 100 client. Reported in Law360 on 1/13/2016.